San Pedro Toilet Repair
Solving Plumbing Problems in Palos Verdes
There are a variety of signals that indicate your toilet may be on the verge of serious problems. If you notice any of these warning signs, you can call one of our technicians to solve the problem before a stoppage occurs.
Issues that may be plaguing your toilet include:
- Mysterious phantom flushes - If your toilet is spontaneously refilling, that’s no ghost. Automatic filling could mean that something is wrong a flapper, which controls the water levels in your tank.
- Extended bowl emptying - When the toilet bowl takes a long time to empty, this could signal that something is blocking the pipes below, decreasing the amount of space to drain the bowl.
- Continual water trickling - The fill valves might not be correctly sensing the water pressure of the tank, thus diminishing the control of how much water collects.
- Seal leaks or collected liquid - You might notice that there is liquid gathering around the base of the toilet. This is a signal that the wax ring sealing the “horn” or toilet base has become loose or damaged, meaning that you will have to remove the entire toilet to replace the ring.
- Toilet keeps running - Toilet running, or continuously flushing, is a common problem in many households. This happens when the toilet’s internal mechanisms are faulty or broken, so that water continues to run even after the flushing process is completed. Causes of this issue can range from loose flush handles and worn-out parts to blockages.
If you notice other issues such as an inconsistent water level in your toilet, this may be a sign of a sewage problem.
At Big League Plumbing and Rooter, we know how annoying plumbing issues can be. Before you despair, however, we’re here to tell you that you do not have to handle it alone! Our qualified plumbers can solve all of your toilet issues for you.
If you’re dealing with clogging problems or need toilet repair in San Pedro, simply contact us at (424) 312-0429 today for same-day service.
Professional Toilet Installation & Repairs
Even though it may be convenient to fix a small clog on your own, the signs above could indicate that you have a much bigger problem on your hands, and you are not going to solve them with a 12-inch plunger. Calling one of our expert plumbing technicians is a much better way to ensure that you don’t make your toilet problems worse by accidentally breaking a flush valve or yanking out the neoprene flapper.
Many toilet issues are also created by incorrect installations, which often occur when homeowners bravely try to replace a toilet on their own. While taking this step to save a few dollars may seem smart, it will only cost you a lot more in the long run to repair small but extensive mistakes. Let our skilled team at Big League Plumbing and Rooter save you time and hassle by expertly installing your toilets the right way from the beginning.
We’ll take care of business so you can get back to normal life! Contact us now at (424) 312-0429 for reliable toilet repair in San Pedro.
Lets Hear it for the FansRead reviews from our happy customers
“No hidden charges and his estimate was what we spoke about.” Julio G.
“He Kept me informed of the job situation & approximate cost. I was pleased when he left, it was clean.” I F.
“They quickly quoted me out and had the work done within a couple of hours after hanging up the phone with them. Excellent service, could not be any happier with their service!” Brandon E.
How to fix Common Toilet Issues
How to fix a toilet base leak
Have you noticed water spots or pools of water around the base of your toilet? If so, be sure to confirm where the water is coming from.
Different sources of a toilet leak:
- The base of the toilet
- A loose supply tube
- Cracked tank
- Sweaty bowl
If the water is coming from the base of the toilet, it is most likely caused by a failed seal between the toilet and the floor.
To fix water leaking from the base of the toilet, tighten the closet bolts. These bolts are the bolts on the bottom of the toilet that seals it in place. Be sure to not apply too much pressure when tightening bolts as it is possible to crack the base of the toilet.
If this does not solve the problem, be sure to call a professional toilet repair plumber at Big League Plumbing and Rooter.
How To Fix Phantom Flushing
Phantom flushing or "ghost flushing" happens when water is slowly leaking out of the toilet tank and into the bowl. If this goes on long enough it automatically triggers the toilet to flush. If a toilet starts doing phantom flushes, it is most definitely a problem. It is usually caused by a loose flapper, which will need to be replaced.
You can use food coloring to test the flapper and determine if that is the cause of the phantom flushes. Put food coloring in the toilet tank and let it sit for at least half an hour. If the water in the bowl has changed colors from what you colored the tank water, the flapper is the cause of the problem.
Before you replace your flapper, check for signs of debris or damage on the flapper. Be sure to clean the flapper as well as the surface area of the flush valve. This could potentially solve your leaking toilet. Make sure there is no tangled connection or something blocking the connection in the flapper valve.
After all of this, if your toilet is still phantom flushing, you will need to replace the flapper.
Why choose Big League?
Family Owned & Operated