Expert Drain Clearing Services from Trusted Professionals
There are few things more annoying than a clogged drain, an inconvenient nuisance that gets in the way of our daily tasks. However, clogged drains are, unfortunately, an inevitability that all homeowners will eventually encounter. Let our skilled drain cleaning experts at Big League Plumbing and Rooter take care of this problem for you. Our team can provide you with prompt solutions to effectively eliminate the cause of your clogged drain and get your drains flowing in no time.
Big League Plumbing & Rooter provides professional drain cleaning services to San Pedro and the surrounding areas. We are family-owned and operated and take pride in our customer-first business model, as evidenced by our numerous five-star reviews. We can help you tackle even the toughest of clogs!
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Besides a slow-running drain, there are several indicators that should alert you that your pipes need to be cleaned.
Key signals that your drain needs cleaning include:
- Strong odors: Foul smells coming from your drain could mean that the pipes are clogged with particles or small objects, ranging from accumulating sludge, rotting food, and even unlucky spiders or small rodents that have become trapped! Not only does this create terrible smells in your drain, but the collected bacteria can lead to harmful diseases.
- Backed up water: If water is coming up the wrong end of the drain, that is definitely a sign that something is blocking the pipes. Immediately contact a technician to avoid having your entire bathroom becoming a new bathtub from backed-up flooding.
- Clogged toilets: No one enjoys the dread of watching a surge of dirty water fill the toilet bowl, a sure signal that something is clogged. While a plunger can provide a temporary fix, repeated occurrences indicate that there is a deeper blockage further in the pipes, which will require swift and knowledgeable expertise from one of our technicians.
- Persistent or odd noises: If your drains continually make strange bubbling, sucking, or gurgling sounds, this is a sign that water is being pressured to flow through a decreased amount of space. Pressure from built-up blockage not only leads to diminished water flow but can even contribute to cracked or burst pipes.
Contact Our San Pedro Drain Cleaning Specialists!
Because it is complicated, costly, and even dangerous to attempt to clean your drain on your own, turn to our experts for reliable service for all your draining cleaning needs.
“They quickly quoted me out and had the work done within a couple of hours after hanging up the phone with them. Excellent service, could not be any happier with their service!” Brandon E.
“No hidden charges and his estimate was what we spoke about.” Julio G.
“He Kept me informed of the job situation & approximate cost. I was pleased when he left, it was clean.” I F.
If you are wondering how to prevent drain clogs in the first place, there are a few steps you can take, including:
- Drain screen installations: Even simple drain screens can catch a lot of excess hair, dirt, and other particles that tend to clog your drains, especially in your bathtubs and showers.
- Proper food disposal: Toss your food scraps, peels, coffee grounds, and any other decomposable objects into the trash, since your garbage disposal can only handle so much.
- Avoid store-bought drain cleaners: Few people realize that commercial drain cleaners from the store actually make drain problems worse, not better. The harsh base chemicals composing most drain cleaners will only provide a temporary band-aid to your drain issues and corrode your pipes over time.
- Put a lint trap on your washing machine's drain line: When your washing machine is done washing your clothes, all of that dirt from your clothes usually gets sucked into the drain line. Without a lint trap, you might need the help of our San Pedro drain cleaning professionals otherwise your washing machine won't drain quickly.
- Collect cooking oils and grease in a used milk carton: When you rinse these sticky substances down your kitchen sink, they'll latch onto your pipes and block passing by food causing all sorts of blockages. Collecting these oils in a milk carton or disposable receptacle will save you in the long run.
- Rinse your drains at least once per month: If we regularly clean everything else in our house, why do we leave our drains without cleaning? Just because we can't see our drains doesn't mean they don't need to be cleaned. Use a combination of warm water and vinegar. You can use ice cubes to clear out your garbage disposal.
Are Chemical Drain Cleaners Safe?
Not only do chemical drain cleaners cause considerable damage to pipes, but they also create extremely dangerous conditions for a home’s occupants. The high concentrations of hydrochloric acids in drain cleaners, as well as the harsh fumes emitted by the chemicals’ gases, can all lead to long-term health defects and diseases. These hazardous substances can gradually poison household occupants and pets, in addition to destroying the environment. Avoid all of these fatal consequences by calling our technicians immediately if you see signs that your drain needs to be cleaned.
Why choose Big League?
Family Owned & Operated